Jayhawk License Plates – Maryland
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration will issue Jayhawk plates for passenger cars, multi-purpose vehicles and trucks up to and including 1 ton. The cost is $25 for KU Alumni Association members, and $80 for non-members, but the $80 price includes a one-year, single membership to the Association. Join the KU Alumni Association. The MVA requires those purchasing a license plate to be an Alumni Association member.
To obtain the Maryland Jayhawk License Plate:
- Select the number of plates to purchase. Please note: You will receive 2 plates for every plate ordered.
- Provide your current license plate number(s).
- If you are a current member enter your Alumni Member ID in the box provided.
- If you are not a member, select a membership to add to the purchase. Your discount will be applied to the total and displayed in your shopping cart total amount.
- Once the transaction is complete we will send you an e-mail with a link to download the required MVA VR-124 form. Please complete the form and return it to the KU Alumni Association.
- The Alumni Association will send the completed form and $25 to the Maryland Vehicle Administration.
- Once applicants receive new plates, Maryland residents need return their current plates to the MVA. Plate renewals will be handled directly with the MVA.