Jayhawk License Plates – Maryland
The Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration will issue Jayhawk plates for passenger cars, multi-purpose vehicles and trucks up to and including 1 ton. The cost is $25 for KU Alumni Association members.
For nonmembers, the cost is $55 for young alumni (ages 35 and younger) and $85 for alumni over age 35. The price includes a one-year membership to the Association plus the $25 plate fee. If you are not currently a KU Alumni Association member, please add a membership to your cart using the links below to avoid processing delays. The MVA requires those purchasing a license plate to be an Alumni Association member.
To obtain the Maryland Jayhawk License Plate:
- Select the number of plates to purchase. Please note: You will receive 2 plates for every plate ordered.
- Provide your current license plate number(s).
- Once the transaction is complete we will send you an e-mail with a link to download the required MVA VR-124 form. Please complete the form and return it to the KU Alumni Association.
- The Alumni Association will send the completed form and $25 to the Maryland Vehicle Administration.
- Once applicants receive new plates, Maryland residents need return their current plates to the MVA. Plate renewals will be handled directly with the MVA.
Please note: KU Alumni Association will verify your current membership status upon purchase. If you are not a current member and did not purchase a membership, we will contact you with further information.